Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Left behind

     Lately when Lily and I have gone out exploring, I have been noticing a lot of different things that have been left behind.  Some things left behind are unavoidable, like these tracks in the snow...





and in the sidewalk...


Some things left behind will be missed...

While other things have been left behind with a degree of carelessness that I find hard to understand.
 I tidied this up after I took the picture.
On the other hand, dogs are always leaving their scent for other dogs to find.  Dogs are also more than happy to find what someone else has lost!

This year I am going to try to be more mindful of what I leave behind.  Every word, every gesture leaves its mark.  I will be more mindful of how I connect with others, knowing that the mark I leave will have its own history.  Each day I will look forward to finding something new and surprising.

What surprise will you find today?..

No comments:

Post a Comment